Monday, July 28, 2008

Jade Mountain Grapplers

This past Saturday, I spent much of the time clutching my phone, awaiting updates from my dear friend, Larry. He was with several of our Jade Mountain students at a Houston grappling tournament, their first. Although we really enjoy grappling, it's not our main focus, but our guys were still eager to get out and compete, gain some experience, and have some fun.

From what I hear, everyone gave a good account of themselves, and a couple managed to win their divisions!

Shaun Lawler won 1st in Master's Gi, Heavyweight
Mark Dong won 1st in Master's No-Gi, Lightweight

Other competitors were Kevin Hall, Daniel Loree, and David Mordente, and they all fought their tails off. Several matches went to the scorecards, and we're looking for these guys to bring home some medals in the near future.

Not bad for a bunch of Kung Fu guys! I'm quite proud of all of them.

No comments: