Sunday, August 02, 2015

Space City Comic Con, and more

This is reposted from my other blog, which can be found here.

July 27, 2015


WOW!  Why in the world have I not been to a Comic Con until now?  I had no idea what I was missing!  I talked to celebrities, met a ton of great people, saw some waaaay cool stuff, and sold a ton of books.  It was super-duper fun, and I'm already making plans to hit another convention on Labor Day weekend. 

It started like this...

 That was Thursday.  It was pretty bare-bones since the banner hadn't arrived and we were just getting things set up.  Friday was sooo much more fun!  For one thing, we found the Ultrasaber shop
.

I want one.  Oh yes, I surely do.  Anyway, we sold 7 books that day, I met Cynthia Rothrock, caught a glimpse of William Shatner, and tried to get a feel for how things went.  The next day was a bit better...more like this:





 We sold all but 9 books on Saturday, met a ton more people, had a ridiculous amount of fun.  Case en pointe, this happened...



We also met Gil Gerard (Buck Rogers), Bridget Regan (Kahlan from Legend of the Seeker) and Naomi Grossman (American Horror Story, Freak Show).  There were soooo many folks in costume, it was great!!  If you want to see all of the pics, feel free to go to my Facebook page and check them out here:  Whit's Space City Comic Con 2015 Album

Sunday saw more of the same, and ultimately, it ended up like this:





 Over 30 books sold!  All in all, it was an absolutely amazing weekend!  Special thanks to Larry Escher for getting me there in the first place.  I'm already making plans to attend another convention, so I'll keep you posted.  In the meantime, come see me on Facebook, or send me a note from here.

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that was a pretty amazing weekend.  As I said, I'm looking forward to doing another Con as soon as I can manage it.  

In other news, I'm really just having a ball lately.  I've made some changes in how I run my day that have brought really great results.  I have a breathing exercise that leads me into a short meditation each morning.  There is now a notepad on my desk upon which I write tasks, thoughts, and stuff that happens throughout the day.  This has really spiked my productivity like crazy, I've gotten SO much more done without feeling frantic about it.  Training is going well, and I feel like I'm finally making some progress with my breathing and stamina.  Lately, I've been working on the 2-handed straight sword form, and I'm almost finished with it.  That form is perfect for the lightsaber that I'll be getting for my birthday!  

That's about it for the time being.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to the laundry and working on Gart's Road.  Have a great week!  


 

No comments: