Tuesday, October 03, 2006

First Tuesday in October

Well, it's my favorite day of the week...Tuesday! A day I have mostly to myself, hours to do whatever I want. I mean, as long as 'whatever I want' includes doing the dishes, housework, errands, phone calls, emails, and other stuff that pertains to running a home and a business. So, I've already got some of that going.

I haven't gone for my run yet, but I'm planning an interval set for later this morning. It's still pretty muggy out there, and I'm hoping that the sun will come out and burn off some of that humidity. This afternoon, I might head out to the gym and see what kind of trouble I can cause out there.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of spending an hour or so in an attempt to write a story of some sort. I don't know what kind of story at this point. I might do some work on one of my old stories, or on my old novel that hasn't seen the light of day in years. In any event, it might be fun to see what I can do. My 'voice' has changed appreciably in the years since I wrote my novel...I'm older now, and I've experienced a bit more. Looking at my old story with new eyes might be just the thing. I still have the goal of having a book published, so who's to say it won't be my rewritten first novel?

Our little one is a bit under the weather lately...he's got a raspy voice and some chest congestion. He hardly notices it, and has apparently enjoyed his 'new voice' at school. Whatever bug he's got doesn't seem to be bothering him much, as evidenced by the huge rips he brought home in the knees of his school pants. He's still playing pretty hard! I'm sure he'll be fine.

In other news, it's OCTOBER! My favorite month! I love the weather this time of year, and it always reminds me of the first months of school from when I was a kid...the parade, the Brazoria County Fair, my birthday on Halloween...all that fun stuff! It also makes me think of the Renaissance Festival and the campouts that Christina and I used to attend. All very good memories.

Well, I'd better get back to it. It's almost time to get that laundry folded before my run.

No comments: