Thursday, December 28, 2006

Surviving the Holidays

Whew! We’re back. After a wonderful trip up north to visit my folks, we returned last Thursday and have been struggling with various issues ever since. Argh! Did you know that eating a left-over cheeseburger that remained in your car for a couple of hours in the afternoon is an extremely BAD idea? Well, it is. Take it from me. I haven’t thrown up that hard in quite some time, and I don’t ever want to do that again. Ever. Eeyech.

Some of the highlights from our holiday season:

Flying on yet another tiny, propeller-driven plane. And they actually told us not to sit in the back seats, “because it makes the plane tip.”

Seeing my mom and dad.

Feeling sad that their dog, Ricco, had just run away.

Feeling happy when he showed up the next day after being inadvertently locked in the shed overnight.

Visiting with my brother, who now has a Saint Bernard in his back yard. No, I don’t know why.

The Guerilla Attack Family Gathering at Aunt Linda’s house. Over and done with in 42 minutes flat.

Watching our Monkey chase my Mom around at the playground.

Waiting for our luggage at the airport for a half-hour and then spotting it laying against the wall nearby.

Christmas Eve at my in-law’s, where there was a nativity scene skit (my son was the pirate).

Spending time at my dear friend Jason’s parent’s houseboat.



There’s more, but I need to hustle out of here soon. Now that I’m fully recovered from the food poisoning issue, I’ve got lessons to teach.

No comments: