Thursday, March 08, 2007

Aaahhhhh, CRAP!!!

Dang it!!! I decided to go for a timed run this morning, just to see if I’ve made any progress in that area. I’ve been running quite a bit lately, so I was hoping to see some improvement. I used to run 2 miles in about 13 minutes, so I decided to run just one and see if I could keep it under 7 minutes today. Well, I should have known something was up when my mp3 player suddenly went out as I started my run. Dang. I kept going, thinking that I was used to running without musical assistance anyway. My breathing became labored and my legs started to get a bit heavy as I went. Traces of the old asthma were still around. Double dang. I continued on my course, settled into a pace I could handle, and hoped for the best. As I turned down the last, long straightway that leads back to my house, I felt like I’d make it just fine. I refused to look at my watch out of principle, and kept going. With maybe 4 blocks to go, POP! goes something in my left calf. I had an instant of ‘DANG IT!’ before it started to hurt.

I’ve got it all strapped down now, with Nikken supermini magnets applied to the affected area. I’m hoping against hope for a cancellation at precisely 3:30pm today at Massage Envy because that’s the only time this weekend I can make it in for therapeutic massage.

Ah, well. Working out and being a martial artist brings dents and dings. It’ll be fine before too long, and I’ll add it to the list of long-forgotten injuries that have since healed up completely. I’m just complaining because I can.

No comments: