Thursday, September 27, 2007

...and you know whose birthday THAT is??

Yesterday was my darling wife's birthday. Many times in years past, we would wait until the weekend to celebrate her special day, but not this year. I mean, we are going to a weekend getaway this weekend, but this year, I wanted 9-26 to be a bit sweeter for my sweetie.

After my classes were over, I hustled out and got flowers, balloons, and a card, and stopped by her work to present them to her. Ah, her beautiful, surprised smile was wondrous to behold! Kiss, kiss, and then I rushed off again.

Did you know that Party City has a ton of cool stuff? And the Halloween costumes are already out! Sorry, I digress...I picked up a big Happy Birthday banner and a tiara before picking up Monkey from school, and then heading home.

I was on the phone with her when she actually pulled up into the driveway and saw the banner...I think she liked it! And she wore the tiara before passing out on the couch.

A note from our first meeting...we were discussing personal information, likes and dislikes, birthdays, and such. In case you didn't know it, I've always been a huge Olivia Newton-John fan. I told her my birthday was on Halloween, and she agreed that that was pretty cool. Then she says, "Mine's on September 26...and you know whose birthday that is??"

Well, I was probably the only person for 100 square miles to know that 9-26 is Olivia's birthday. I thought "There's no way she could know that..." so I replied that I didn't know.

Of course, she immediately reminded me that it was, indeed, ON-J's birthday as well. I laughed, and told her that I did already know that, and that I was a big fan...a member of the fan club and everything.

She just smiled, and we kept walking. She told me later that she thought I was just fibbing to her in an attempt to look good. But then we walked by my truck, and I pointed it out...along with the ON-J Fan Club stickers on the tailgate. Her eyes widened, and then she looked back at me with a big smile. And the rest, as they say, is history.

No comments: