Friday, May 30, 2008

Harvey Korman, we'll miss you.

I'm up way past my bedtime. I thought this might happen, having had a Monster energy drink far later in the evening than I should have, so I figured I'd do a little surfing to pass the time until exhaustion finally claims me.

And now I'm crying because I just discovered that Comic Powerhouse Harvey Korman dies at 81

"Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and played a conniving politician to hilarious effect in "Blazing Saddles," died Thursday, May 29, 2008. He was 81."

I love to laugh, and I grew up watching The Carol Burnett Show and all of Mel Brooks' movies, so I have laughed often at Harvey over the years. I feel as though I have lost a friend, somehow.

Farewell, Mr. Korman. Thanks for all the laughter, and Godspeed.


Harvey Herschel Korman
Feb. 15, 1927 - May 29, 2008

No comments: