Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dang it.

So there I was, sitting in my car, feeling like a complete moron. What could I do but laugh?

Here's the brief tale...

I had been wandering around Home Depot for nearly an hour, looking for odds and ends. I had casually greeted the occasional passerby, and smiled at pretty much everyone I saw...I was in a good mood. Enjoyed a brief chat with the checkout guy before heading out to my car. My wallet dropped out of my pocket when I pulled out my keys, so I squatted down, picked it up, then sat in my car.

As I clicked my seatbelt closed, I realized that my zipper was down. Way down. Like down-to-my-ankles down. I had worn the one pair of shorts that has that particular flaw (its zipper is unstable), and it had done its dirty work.

For a moment, I thought, "Well, it probably unzipped when I squatted down to get my wallet...yeah, that's what happened!" I had one blissful moment of relief before remembering that I had also squatted down for some time in the store as I examined different types of pliers. So it had most likely been unzipped for the rest of the time I was in there.

Dang. Must have looked like an idiot.

Guys, if you see some poor fool wandering around with his barn door open, please have the common decency to let him know. Really.

Have a nice day.

No comments: