Friday, June 27, 2008

What a Week!

Wow! This week has turned out to be a pretty good one! My darling wife and son returned from their trip on Tuesday, and it's just wonderful to have them home again. It seems like Monkey's grown an inch at least in the week they've been gone, and Christina was certainly a sight for sore eyes. I had a chance to do some training with BB as well, and somehow managed to avoid his takedown attempts. It's always great to see him, to say the least.

The incomparable Larry Escher is also making an appearance, and we're enjoying the pleasure of his company. So my family's home, my two best friends were here, martial arts playtime, and fun...I'm having a blast.

Got some new toys this week...new laptop, a new mp3 player, and some way cool Bluetooth headphones. I think that's my toy allotment for the next two years, but it's worth it. Now my wife and I don't have to fight over our desktop computer...she can do Webkinz anywhere! And I can now carry my entire supply of crappy, girly, 80's music with me wherever I go.

We're currently planning another family trip, but I'm going on this one. Details are sketchy, but we may end up on the road for a few days, seeing the sights and enjoying visits with family. However, our road trip will be a decidedly lazy one, most unlike the ones I remember from my youth. My folks apparently come from the "Drive 'till you get there, and only stop for police and roadblocks!" school of travel, and I'm just not made for those kind of trips. I like to stop and smell the roses along the way, stop driving well before midnight, and enjoy the process rather than just get to the destination ASAP. Not totally sure where we're going, but I'm really looking forward to it, regardless.

Today's Friday. It's a good day. Go enjoy it!!

No comments: