Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's awfully quiet over here...

My wife and son are away on a trip with her Mom, Dad, Sisters, Brothers-in-law, nephews and nieces. They're all in a huge van, trekking their way to Utah for a family reunion. It sounds like they're having big fun, and I'm thrilled for them. There were some possible issues that could have made trouble on this trip, but happily, things are working out quite well so far.

Some folks are asking why I didn't go on this trip, and I don't mind saying that I don't like being enclosed in tight spaces for days on end with seven adults and six children, even when they are all on good behavior. I get a little twitchy, to say the least. Also, we are planning a family trip later this summer, and I'd rather not ask my fabulous assistant instructors to take over for me at my school for weeks and weeks. And someone has to feed Julie's fish and water her tomato plants, right?

And so, until Monday or Tuesday, I'm home alone. Wow, it's quiet here. I'm getting some things done that I usually don't...filling new punching bags, installing a rain gutter at the front door, working on the garage...stuff like that. I've got all the time in the world to train, read, surf the 'net, write, fix the JMMA website, pretty much whatever I want to do. But wow, it's just really quiet here.

I'm planning to go run some intervals in a bit, and then I need to go meet the air conditioner guy at my school. Not an especially thrilling day, considering that my wife and son have seen Carlsbad Caverns and Roswell, NM in the last couple of days...but just the same, I'm happy to be here.

So feel free to call or write. I've probably got time to chat.

No comments: