Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Change of State

Funny how things work sometimes. Today has been gorgeous...beautiful weather. Blue skies, gentle breezes, very nice. I got an early start this morning (after an admittedly short night's sleep, though) and headed up to my school to take care of administrative stuff. In other words, taxes. I spent a few hours building a spreadsheet of income and expenses and the like. When I tired of that, I took a stroll down memory lane by scanning tons of old pics and putting them up on Facebook. Afternoon rolled around and I enjoyed a Subway sandwich, and a nice drive back to the house, listening to some of my new favorite music.

And things went downhill rapidly from there. Today was apparently Connor's day to give me attitude. Not a good idea. He also had a clothing issue that made it impossible to go to his swimming lesson. Also not good. By the time I had him wrangled and sorted out, and dropped him off at his Grandmother's house so that I could go to my school for the evening's classes, I was dragging, big-time. The lack of sleep, combined with the stress of the afternoon, was quickly doing me in.

I made it to Jade Mountain, where Sifu Larry had already begun his Krav Maga class. the music is always fun in there, but did little to perk me up. I dropped my canvas bag behind the display case, and shuffled doggedly around as I figured out how I was going to get through the night's classes. I had picked up the Monster I had bought (number 2 for the day), and turned to walk into the back office again when my foot got caught in the strap of my canvas bag, and I pitched headfirst towards the wall.

The resultant gymnastics would make the ninjas envious.

I ended up flat on my back, half in and half out of the office, staring at the ceiling. It must be noted that I did NOT spill my Monster. I'd score the routine at a 9.875 at least.

That's when the laughing started...and I thanked the universe for helping me to change my sorry state this evening. That stumble was a gift, a very timely gift that reminded me of the fact that sometimes, you just need to laugh it off, get up off the floor, and have a good time. My evening's going to go just fine.

No comments: