Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Goodbye, Pinkeye!

Nasty thing, that pinkeye. We noticed that Monkey had a touch of it on Sunday. We started drops on him right away, and it cleared up before day's end. Of course, I woke up with it on Monday. DRAT! I HATE pinkeye! It itches, it's nasty, and until the drops start working, it's quite communicable. Many drops and a day later, pinkeye has beat a hasty retreat under the antibiotic beatdown of whatever drops we were given. Glad that's over with.

As if a little pinkeye isn't enough, poor Monkey went to bed with a fever last night. He woke up without it, but was still listless and had a cough, so we kept him home today. He's been a great kid, took his medicine without a fuss, and generally just rested and got his strength back. Back to school tomorrow for him. Did I mention that he got three awards last week? Perfect Attendance, the Principals Award, and something else I can't recall. Go Monkey!!

My darling wife is on an overnight babysitting job, watching two adorable little girls until late tomorrow evening, so I have some quiet time to myself. And now, I don't really know what to do with it. Most likely, I'll watch some BJJ videos, read a bit, or just get to bed before midnight for a change.

My workouts are going well, though I need to spend more time on certain aspects of my training. In martial arts, there is always something to learn, practice, and eventually master...that's why I love my job! It never gets old to me.

I'm sure there's something funny I could write about tonight, or some statement I'd like to make, but sometimes, it's probably enough to just say 'Howdy'. So have a great night, and I'll do my best to write something interesting next time.

No comments: