Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dad Update, and a Survey

The word from up north is that Dad's doing better. Getting around on his own, eating more, and generally being cantankerous, so that's all extremely good news. Hopefully, he'll be up to his old tricks at the bowling alley or with the snowblower before too long.

So...here's a little survey for a lazy Sunday...

Have you had any beer this week?
Nope…that’s some nasty stuff, and it’s just not for me.

Are you happy with life?

There’s always something that’s temporarily out of reach, but all in all, I’m really, really happy with my situation. I have a great family and great friends, food on the table, and a job that I just LOVE.

Could you cry right now?
Ordinarily, I can cry at the drop of a hat, but at this moment, I’m just not finding anything sad enough or moving enough to bring on those tears

Are you a jealous person?
Far less so than I used to be.

Who do you text the most out of your friends?

That’d be BB.

If you could see one person right now, who would it be?

I do miss my wife (she’s at a scrapbooking retreat)…but I wouldn’t pass up a chance to spank Kelly Clarkson, it’s true. She’s naughty.

What were you doing this morning at 6:30am?

Sleeping like the dead.

What do you need to be doing right now?

Housework. I’ve already done the dishes, so I’m taking a break before tackling the rest.

Where have you lived throughout your life?
Angleton, TX, College Station, TX, Lake Jackson, TX, Houston, TX, and Katy, TX.

Where was your default picture taken?
If I remember correctly, in an airport in Minnesota.

Is there anything silver near you?
My digital camera is kind of chromy-colored…does that count?

What were you doing at 1 AM this morning?

I think I was reading in bed.

Do you wear contacts?
I used to, but my eyesight has seemed to improve over the last couple of years.

What color shirt are you wearing?
White t-shirt, and a green apron. Yeah, I know…sexy!!

Song playing right now?

The Warrior by Scandal. Yes, it’s an 80’s kind of Sunday.

Where were you Friday night?
At Jade Mountain, meeting with my assistant instructors, who are an absolutely fabulous bunch of folks.

Do you wear the seat belt in the car?

Oh, yeah. I consider myself a pretty safe driver these days, but there’s no shortage of idiots out there.

Has anyone ever mistaken you for someone else?

Not that I know of, although there have been a deluded few who commented on a resemblance to Brendan Fraser.

Next vacation you're going on?
Hmmmmm…not sure. We’ll probably go see my folks in Indiana at Christmas.

Do you like to text or call more?

I just LOVE to talk on the phone.

Have you ever kissed someone whose name started with a J?
After checking my lists (that took about .8 seconds), the answer is ‘nope.’

Who last sent you a myspace message?

Paula, an old friend from high school.

Whose bed did you sleep in last night?

The usual. Ours.

Have you held hands with anyone in the past week?

Oh, sure. I hold hands with Monkey every time we walk through a parking lot, and I love to hold hands with my wife when we go out.

What's the last book you've read?

The Navigator by Clive Cussler. Lots of fast-paced adventure!

What are you doing tomorrow?

Working out, teaching, making plans and getting stuff done.

Do you like to cuddle?
I really do, but not for hours. I get cramped if I stay in the same position too long, even if it’s a good position!

What are you doing right now?

Now, why do surveys ask this question? If I’m going to answer this silly thing with any kind of coherence, I need to be paying attention to what I’m doing…right now…which is this survey! Geez. Let me insert my own question here to counteract this silliness…

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself as the head of a small martial arts association that is devoted to the progress of its students, no matter what their skill or talent level. I see myself helping a select few of my students to run their own schools, and gain the joy and fulfillment from martial arts that I have. I see having a slightly larger home due to the addition of another little monkey. And I see myself fending off the almost constant flirtations of Kelly Clarkson and Cathy Dennis. Please, ladies!! There’s enough of me to go around!

Do you have a dog?
No, but I do miss our pugs, Beauty and Beast. They were goofy, snuffling, snorting, fuzzy balls of love.

Three things you feel right now?
Inspired, determined, comfortable. I know…odd.

Are you ticklish?

Why do you want to know? Do you have plans that I should know about? Should I limber up?

Who has your myspace password?

I think just me, but it’s not a big deal around here.

Is the last person you kissed mad at you?
No, my son is having fun and looking forward to part 2 of our Star Wars movie marathon.

Can you last in a relationship for longer then a year?

Let’s check my track record…married my high school sweetheart, stayed together for 12 years. I’m now married to my true love and soulmate, and we’ve been together for almost 11 years. I’m not terribly flaky in that area, folks.

Have you ever had your heart broken?

Oh, yes.

Are you hungry?

That’s like asking me if I’m breathing. Yes, usually.

Does someone like you right now?
Geez, I would certainly hope so!!

Is there a person of the opposite sex that means a lot to you?

You mean, just one person? Yes, of course. There are several in fact…right, Mom?

Have you ever felt replaced?

Um…wow, I don’t think I have. Interesting.

What's stressing you right now?
There have been some organizational changes with my former martial arts association, but I’ve accepted those, so…not really, no.

If you HAD to dye your hair right now, what color would you choose?

What, like the mob is going to waste my family if I don’t dye my hair? Fine…uh…green.

Do your best friends all like each other?
Yep. We all have quite a bit in common. That’s why they are my best friends, and they get along just fine.

Do you remember who you liked in grade seven?
Man, I had probably a crush a month in Junior High…Susan Viator sticks out in my mind, though. I thought she was just beautiful. And like a typical dork, I never said a word to her…just too shy!

Who was the last person you flirted with?
If I’ve flirted with you, would you mind telling me? My skills in that area are quite pitiful, and I’d like to know if I somehow, unknowingly flirted properly.

When did you go back to school?
I’m pretty sure that I’m done with Academia. I love learning new things, so I read a lot, and I love to train and learn new martial arts skills.

How much older than you was the first person you kissed, if they were older?
Is this survey directed at young girls, or what? I was older than the first person I kissed…I think.

What's something that you want to buy, realistically?
A crash pad for my school.

When's your mother's birthday?
October 27.

If you could only see one more artist or band in concert during your lifetime, who would you choose?
Come on…if you know me at all, do you really have to ask?

Who's birthday was last?
Of my immediate family, The Monkey turned 6 last November.

Who's birthday is next?

My darling wife's is this week. Oh CRAP!! IT’S THIS WEEK!!! I’d better get moving…SHOOT!!

What…that’s it? I was just hitting my stride, here! I’m gonna go think of more questions….y’all have a great Sunday.

No comments: