Thursday, August 07, 2014

Still more info on Mage's Burden

I just got news today that our local bookstore, Katy Budget Books, has agreed to have me come in and do a new author booksigning.  I've shopped at that bookstore ever since I moved here 15 years ago, and it's been one of my favorite places to visit, so I am thrillllled!!!!  This will be an item checked off my bucket list for certain.  We're working out the details at the moment, but I hope to have a date and time scheduled within the next few days.

I don't think I've posted information on my official book Facebook page, so I figured I should get right on that.  I like the idea that I can have a page devoted to nothing but those characters, the story, and other sword and sorcery stuff that catches my eye.  I'd love for more folks to Like it...just sayin'.  Here's the link:

Fire of the Jidaan Facebook Page

A quick word about the word "Jidaan".  I made it up.  It refers to the magickal weapon that the Guardians in the story use.  I have since discovered that it may mean 'hen's egg' in Chinese, which is fine with me because it could be said that the magickal gemstones that empower the jidaan are roughly egg-shaped.  The word has another meaning in Hindi, I think, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what it is.  I just thought it sounded somewhat exotic and interesting.

Working on book two yesterday, I got a bit cranky at chapter 9, so I decided to ignore it for awhile and start chapter 10.  Sometimes, that works pretty well for me.  As I go along, the rest of chapter 9 will reveal itself, so there's no sense in staring at the blank page for too long.  I'm looking forward to the next battle scene, but there are some great opportunities for excitement between here and there.  I'll just keep plugging away and see what happens.  I'll keep y'all posted.




No comments: