Wednesday, August 06, 2014

A little catching up

It's been almost a month since I've been on here, and it's been a busy one.  Since my last post, we've managed to (mostly) redo Connor's room with new paint, floor, and furniture, I've finalized and published Mage's Burden as a paperback, we've made progress on the financing for the moving of Jade Mountain, and I've even managed to paint an actual painting.  Whew!  I know there's more, but it seems like that's a lot for me.

I've really enjoyed the whole publishing process.  Now that it's up, I'm working on ways to publicize my book so that more folks can enjoy it.  Towards that end, I've hired a fabulous lady and her street team to get the word out, and although it's only been a couple of days, I'm pleased to say that they're a busy and fun bunch!  Thank you, Aileen Aroma!! 

My dear friend, Brian Briscoe is also about to publish his book, and I'm thrilled for him.  It's called "Juke", and will be available soon.  "A young musician seeks validation and guidance from an elder statesman of the blues."  Brian is a lifelong musician, and knows what he's talking about.  Believe me, I'll post about it here and on Facebook the moment it's up and running.  And Instagram.  And Twitter.  I'm just getting used to those other sites, I'm not terribly good at them yet, but working on that.  Anyway, Brian has had his book completed for a few years now, and it just lacks a formatting pass and it'll be ready to go.  It's funny, all my best friends from Angleton, Texas, where I grew up, are all writers of one sort or other.  Brian, Larry Escher, the dearly departed Jason Blankenship...all love to write.  We're all different in many ways, but that's one commonality that I really enjoy. 

Usually, I have more of a pointed message when I blog.  Today, it feels more like a big ramble, just tossing out the events of the month as they occur to me.  Oh!  I've got the 3rd part of my Krav Maga Instructor Training next month!  See?  Did it again.  Squirrel! 

Recently, Connor has begun training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with me.  Wow, it's SO much fun having him with me in class, and he'd doing a great job.  He has no idea what he's doing half the time, but that's par for the course, and he just does his best every time.  He's grown into a tall, sturdy 7th grader, only a fraction of an inch shorter than me, and it's lots of fun to wrestle with him now.  Sooner or later, he's going to start giving me real trouble in there!  I'm awfully proud of him.  He's still going to swim competitively, and I'm all for that...this is finally something that we can actually share together, though.  It makes me ridiculously happy.

In other news...well, I can't think of anything at the moment.  I'm supposed to be writing on Book 2 right now, but this blog screamed so loudly at me that I had to come on here and post something to shut it up.  It does that now and then.  Howls like a banshee until I write something.  It's awful.  Have a great day, folks!  Oh, and in case you're interested in picking up the new paperback copy of my book, here's a handy pair of links!!

Amazon:
http://amzn.to/1o9fakM

B&N:
bit.ly/1qRl2fG



No comments: